1. TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS & RESTRICTIONSAll materials on this site, including, but not limited to, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, 360-degree panoramas, photos with audio captions (the “Materials”) are protected by copyrights which are owned or licensed by the Company. BCI Media Services is a trademark of the Company. You may not reproduce, perform, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way whatsoever any Materials from BCI Media Services or any other Web site owned or operated by the Company without the prior written permission of the Company. However, you may download or make one copy of the Materials, and other downloadable items displayed on the site, for personal non-commercial home use only consistent with the purpose for which the Materials are made available by the Company, provided all copyright and other notices contained in the Materials are left intact. Any modification of the Materials, or any portion thereof, or use of the Materials for any other purpose constitutes an infringement of the Company’s copyrights and other proprietary rights. Use of these Materials on any other Web site or other networked computer environment, is prohibited without prior written permission from the Company. It is acceptable and approved to link to any of our materials, including “deep links” to our site. Text from our stories can be quoted when linking to our content, but it must not be more than one-tenth of the total word count of the story or 100 words, whichever is lesser. Quoted content must contain a direct link to the story from which it is taken. If an image is being used in the link to BCI Media Services’ content, it must not be larger than 300 pixels wide and must link to the exact page on our site in which the original image can be found. If features on this site are available to “embed” it is acceptable and approved to add those features to another site if this site’s “embed” code is used.
2. SUBMISSIONSCopyright on materials contributed by Ballantine Communications, Inc, and its affiliate publications readers and/or members are held by the individual creators. All postings, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio clips, sounds, video or other materials (the “Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Site, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, e-mail or otherwise make available through the Site. For all Content provided by you, you agree to indemnify Provider as provided below. By uploading or otherwise posting any Content on the Site, you represent and warrant: (i) you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, to the content you provide and the rights to use it as provided in this Terms of Service; (ii) all information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete, and does not violate these Terms of Service; and, (iii) the content will not cause injury to any person or entity. You agree not to upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish in these or any other Forums connected with the Company any Materials which are: 1.) libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, pornographic, threatening, or an invasion of privacy, 2.) an infringement of the intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks, of any person or entity, 3.) illegal in any way or which advocate illegal activity, 4.) an advertisement or solicitation of funds, goods, or services, or that contain hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion, or 5.) private personal information published without consent.
3. TERMINATIONThe Company may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the site, including, but not limited to, any bulletin boards on its site, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of this agreement. In the event this agreement is terminated, the restrictions regarding Materials appearing on the site, and the representations and warranties, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement shall survive any such termination.
4. JURISDICTIONThis site is controlled and operated by the Company from the Company’s headquarters in Durango, Colorado. The Company does not represent or warrant that Materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access this site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, as it is applied to agreements entered into and performed within that State. Any action brought to enforce this agreement or matters related to the site shall be brought in either the State or Federal Courts of Colorado. If any provision of this agreement is deemed void, unlawful or otherwise unenforceable for any reason, that provision shall be severed from this agreement and the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in force. This contains the entire agreement between you and the Company concerning your use of the site.
5. PRICINGPricing is subject to change with 15 days notice. In the event of a price increase, customer may discontinue service by notifying BCI at 1-800-558-7024 or [email protected] within 15 days of receiving such notice.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit out blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a digital marketing service through Ballantine Communications, Inc. and any related partners including BCI Media Services, Directory Plus, The Durango Herald, fill out a form or enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to our customer service requests
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers through our website. We will not ask for payment or secure information from users on our website. We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some functionality may be lost.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable information (including any cookies implemented when visiting our site) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add On.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in oder to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
BCI Media Services
1275 Main Ave., Suite 250
Durango, CO 81301